In a great book that I just read
called Airhead by Meg Cabot, a girl who is a nobody named Emerson Watt’s
life changes forever. It all starts out when her girly sister wants her to take
her to a Stark megastore grand opening. The big deal about this big opening is
that supermodel Nikki Howard will be there, but Emerson doesn’t care. Emerson’s
life changes in a way that was completely unexpected.
Em is really into books and video
games. She has plain brown hair and a mousey face. She doesn’t care what other
people think about her, and she certainly doesn’t care that supermodel Nikki
Howard will be at the grand opening. When Em and her sister get to the
megastore, her sister is ecstatic! Stark is a technology company that is trying
to copy Apple. Stark sells their own brand of new phones and computers… but is
that all they sell? There is a giant television in the front of the store and
it so happens when Nikki Howard and Em are walking under it, the television
falls on both of them.
When Em wakes up she is in a
hospital bed. She can’t believe that she is alive but she feels strange. Then
she sees her hair. It’s blond and pretty. Then her family comes in and talks to
her but they act strange and seem to be treating her differently, with more
respect. They explain that when the giant TV fell on her and Nikki, Nikki’s
body was fine but she was brain damaged and Em’s body was crushed but her brain
was fine. They said that the scientist doctors transferred her brain to the
supermodel’s body under one condition. Emerson would have to live the rest of
her life as Nikki Howard.
In conclusion, I really liked this
book because it was different. I usually read fiction books or teen books. I
don’t usually read science fiction books, but this book really got me into
science fiction. I recommend this to all of the girls in our class because I
think that everyone will really like it because it is suspenseful and it leaves
you really wanting to read the next three books in the series. After reading Airhead,
I realized that not all science fiction books are boring.
I like how you described what happened to Nikki and Em and how it happened. I think you should've added a little bit more details about Em's new life. But over all, I think you did a good job. Even though I'm not a girl, I might consider reading this :)
ReplyDelete:) yeah it's really good and next time ill take your advice into consideration.
ReplyDeleteJEANNIE I loved this essay!! The details you added made me envision the characters. I like how you added the part when her family starts treating her differently, which made me wonder what her life with her family was like before. I was a little confused about what exactly happened after they both got injured by the television but aside from that I loved this post and wanted to know more about this book.
ReplyDelete