Sunday, February 3, 2013

reading response to Ali’s pretty little lies

-->
I am a little bit more than halfway through the book Ali’s pretty little lies. This book isn’t like the others in the pretty little liar’s series. Ali’s pretty little lies is about Alison Dilaurentis who is dead in all of the other books. Ali’s pretty little lies is about the events leading up to Ali’s death and her perspective of everything going on in her friend’s life’s. The theme of this book is manipulation because Ali is very good at getting what she wants when she wants it.

One example of manipulation is that Ali manipulated her parents into thinking that she was a whole other person. Ali is actually named Courtney but nobody knows. Courtney has a twin that is named Ali but Courtney took Ali’s place and sent Ali as Courtney of a mental hospital. The reason that she did that was that she was supposed to go to the mental hospital instead of Ali because Courtney is crazy. But at the last minute Courtney acted and said that she was Ali so that real Ali would have to go instead of her. So Courtney is living as Ali by going to school as Ali and acting completely like Ali. But the thing is, nobody has a clue.

In conclusion Ali (who is really Courtney) is a very manipulative person and I think that is a big theme in the book. I am sure that more evidence of Ali being manipulative will show up but this book is so good I am positive there will be a lot more. I really recommend you reading Ali’s pretty little lies because even though it sounds complicated, its one of the best books I have read in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment